CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Alaska!

We sailed on Holland America's ship, the Noordam, to Alaska from Seattle. Seattle was vacation enough, but Alaska made the trip remarkably memorable. We did so much on our seven day cruise.

Our first stop was in Juneau. We gawked at the Mendenhall Glacier and then devoured some salmon at the Alaskan Salmon Bake. Our next stop was Sitka, Alaska. Jared and I didn't do any excursions, but we traipsed through the town and had the best fish and chips at a quaint restaurant, Victoria's.

Then we moved on to Ketchikan, Alaska. There Jared and I were absolutely amazed with the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show. Those men are real athletes. It was quite impressive. After the show we toured Totem Bight State Park, home of numerous totem poles. Totem poles are such a work of art. It's amazing how stories are told through those poles.

Our last stop was in Victoria, British Columbia. A small winery supplied our entertainment while in Victoria. We tasted four wines and then took a quick tour around Victoria. We were able to see the famous Empress Hotel and the beautiful parliament building. The harbor area was buzzing with entertainment and boats coming in and out. I have compiled a slide show of some of our pictures from our cruise. It's not all of the pictures I took, but it will give you a good idea of each place. Enjoy!


1 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I've been looking for your blog--then I saw you left a comment on Kelsey's, so I was able to track you down from there :-) Your trip looks FANTASTIC! Your pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad ya'll had such a great time!!